Author Topic: Backlight Tester.  (Read 158 times)

Turnip

• Global Moderator
    • Email
Backlight Tester.
« on: March 16, 2017,11:50:42 »
Hi folks,

Got one recently, only 16.00 inc post. User guide was in Chinese, so thought check it out.

Noticed little in the way of Mains isolation, but guess not a problem.

Seems it does everything required, also has a nifty insulation tester that bleeps 'Leak' when using an Avo 8 on the 300 volt range, even when set on a pretty low output - Guess some sensitivity - Chris.

Mulja tv repair portal

Backlight Tester.
« on: March 16, 2017,11:50:42 »

vinceroger69

• Email
Re: Backlight Tester.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017,15:56:12 »
how easy is this too use? does the voltage go up automaticaly or do you adjust it yourself also if strip has a shorted led i guess it will show up on the amps meter?

downunder

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017,03:08:37 »

Piece of cake. Just connect the probes across the + and - terminals of the strip. It automatically increases the volts until the strip lights up and stops there. Don't know about current but it doesn't appear to be a problem. Details are scant and all in Chinese. Love the pointy probes on it. Must-have tool these days.                           Bruce

Mulja tv repair portal

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017,03:08:37 »

vinceroger69

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017,05:23:34 »

Piece of cake. Just connect the probes across the + and - terminals of the strip. It automatically increases the volts until the strip lights up and stops there. Don't know about current but it doesn't appear to be a problem. Details are scant and all in Chinese. Love the pointy probes on it. Must-have tool these days.                           Bruce

I might order one of these then saves stripping the panel down each ime to test the leds some leds i see are failing oc some sc
ive read if a led fails short circuit it can still light up? hence asking about the amp meter if one or more is short circuit i guess it will  draw more amps? (im still learning electronics so bear with me)

Turnip

• Global Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017,12:49:12 »
Hi Bruce and Vince,

Also impressed by those pointy probes.

Checked max current on the four settings - They were as noted, so guess no problem with a S/C Led.

Found indicated voltages and current pretty well spot on with my Avo.

Think also the leak test useful as suspect it's in a multi megohm range, where most any leak after a burn-up would cause a constant bleep, and the set might well sense it and cut the supply.

zomikula

• Email
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017,08:33:41 »
Got one of these last year
Saves alot of time to be honest.

Mulja tv repair portal

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017,08:33:41 »