November 27, 2014,02:41:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to my website...

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author
[EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU]
Topic: Samsung LE40R88BD Clicking Relay  (Read 105418 times)
AdyAde

Email
« on: December 02, 2009,04:19:38 »

Hi all,

I found this site after doing a google search and have found some interesting info.

Basically i have a Samsung LE40R88BD which wont power on, just keeps trying to switch itself on then off with a clicking sound, i replace all 6 capacitors to no avail.

After reading on here the eeprom can become corrupted, i have found the eeprom 246C256BN.

I'm having trouble finding pin 5 and 6 to short as there are no numbers on the eeprom itself?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Adrian
AdyAde

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009,05:22:08 »

Update, tried shorting pin 5 and 6 but no different still get the clicking on and off.

Does anyone have a spare board model BN41-00813D-MP1.0

Thanks
sparky
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009,06:54:24 »

have you followed the right sequence as wrote down to check
the settings it all listed down on pre

Re: Samsung LE40R87BD LCD TV - relay clicking repeatedly but wont start
Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009,06:16:08 Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi John and RB
Set now up and running. It was a case of a corrupted eeprom. Thanks John for the info.
For anyone with the same problem the procedure is as follows.
On this model the eeprom in question is IC 1803 (24C256) 8 pin smd and is located on the underside of the main board near the common interface. The clock and data pins are pins 5 and 6 and are identifiable by the 100 ohm smd resistors connected to each of them. Fit a shorting link (on long wires) between the pins. Reassemble the chassis. Switch on and then remove the short. Bring the set out of standby. Now access the service mode as follows-
Using the remote control, switch to standby, press info, menu, mute and power. The set should start and display the service menu. Using scroll keys select item 8 and enter by scrolling right. Select "tuner" and set to auto. Revert to previous screen by pressing menu. Now scroll to "reset" and enter by scrolling right. The set will revert to standby. Power back on and tune in stations.                                          Thanks again tv john for the information.

vious pages its not a quick job
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009,06:56:25 by sparky » Logged
AdyAde

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009,08:07:42 »

Hi Sparky.

Thanks for the reply, yes i found that post after i had trouble locating pin 5 & 6, anyway i think i used the right 2, the 2 pins i shorted were leading up to a 101ohm, i also used a small screwdriver to short but weren't sure how long to keep shorting for, so as soon as the tv was switched on i removed the screwdriver.
AdyAde

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009,09:29:19 »

Another update, can anyone confirm that i did short the correct 2 pins (sorry about the pic i should have used my pc rather than laptop but probably wouldn't have been any better  :laug:)

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009,09:30:53 by AdyAde » Logged
chunkylover69

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009,12:24:34 »

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to a say a big thank you for this thread. Just followed it and fixed my TV  clap. I had all the caps replaced and I was a tad annoyed that it didn't work. Just spent a good 2 hours trying this out and suddenly it sparked into life.

AdyAde you've got the right 2 pins (beside the com interface as said before) just keep trying. It took a while for it to kick in on mine.

This is why I love the Internet.

Thanks again.
AdyAde

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009,16:33:30 »

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to a say a big thank you for this thread. Just followed it and fixed my TV  clap. I had all the caps replaced and I was a tad annoyed that it didn't work. Just spent a good 2 hours trying this out and suddenly it sparked into life.

AdyAde you've got the right 2 pins (beside the com interface as said before) just keep trying. It took a while for it to kick in on mine.

This is why I love the Internet.

Thanks again.

How did you short yours mate, and how long did you keep them shorted for? Can you tell me what you actually done?

Also if anyone is local to london middlesex and wants to earn some beer tokens by doing this for me it will be appreciated
sparky

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009,21:48:19 »

d'nt short it out with a screw driver
 solder on some leads its safer
that way
AdyAde

Email
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009,21:49:38 »

Ok mate will do, do i short it then plug the tv in then unplug tv or leave it short for a while?
chunkylover69

Email
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009,22:14:57 »

I didn't fancy my chances on soldering something so small so I used a small flat head screw driver with a really long handle.

I unscrewed the board and had it angled so that I could see the other side of the chip as the pins are facing away from you when it's in place.

I had to have the screw drivee on the pins then plug in the TV and then switch it on with the remote. After a couple of seconds the screen came on.

I was a bit mad last night and wanted it fixed so it wasn't the best planned job.
AdyAde

Email
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009,22:26:22 »

With my TV as soon as it's plugged in it switches itself on & off, i have no control over the remote or buttons on the tv itself  dubbio
chunkylover69

Email
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009,23:05:22 »

Yeah that's what mine was doing the first 20 or so times but once in seemed to make a slightly different noise and that's when it worked.

It's was a pretty tricky balancing act as the pins are so small and the board in hanging loose.

AdyAde

Email
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009,00:59:57 »

Thanks, going to give it another try shortly, do i leave it shorting for a while or literally a second?
sparky

Email
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009,06:41:48 »

good luck wait for stuff hiting the fan
AdyAde

Email
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009,07:23:55 »

Still didn't work :(

So does anyone have the above board for sale or know where i can get one? flattvparts are out of stock, ebay have one but although it has the same number BN41-00813D mp1.0 on my metal casing i have LE40r88bd SPE, the one on ebay is LE40R86BDX - SNE will this work?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: